As we know that emailing directly from the QuickBooks accounting software can save a lot of time for QuickBooks users. Many of QuickBooks Desktop users face difficulties in setting up email in QuickBooks accounting software. To solve this difficulty we are here to share the top 3 ways to setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop. Today in this article we will show you the benefits, requirements and most of the important part is the top 3 ways set up email in Quickbooks Desktop.
Advantages of Setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop
At this heading, we will show you the main advantages of Setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop that will help you to know about the setting up of email in QuickBooks:
- Help the users to send payment reminders to the customers through email.
- This feature of email allows QuickBooks users to fetch details from vendors and customers.
- Also provide the feature of import data from spreadsheets and users can add attachments up to 2MB.
- Emails in QuickBooks also be used to share reports within departments and offices with the help of setting up emails in QuickBooks.
- Help to send invoices via QuickBooks email.
Requires information for Setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop
To set up an email in QuickBooks Desktop it is very important to know about the requirements of Email. So take a look at the points that are given below:
- Required an email address from any of the service providers.
- Required username and password of the email.
- Outgoing and incoming email server addresses.
- And most of the important information is that users have the details of the email server type.
Ways to set up Email Services in QuickBooks Desktop
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop for a long time then you definitely know about countless ways to set up email services in QuickBooks Desktop. You can use any of your emails that you are using in your business communication or you can also create a new one email also. The most common and usable email service in QuickBooks by the QuickBooks users are listed below:
- QuickBooks Email Services.
- Microsoft (MS) Outlook.
- Web Emails (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, etc.)
Way 1. How to set up QuickBooks Email Service?
- First of all, the QuickBooks users have to open their QuickBooks Desktop accounting software.
- Now Click on the setting option and select QuickBooks Email setting.
- Only those QuickBooks users can use the option of QuickBooks email who are using any of the active services of Intuit like QuickBooks Payroll, Intuit Merchant Services (IMS), QuickBooks Enterprise, etc.
- Now you have to fill the required fields that are asking on the screen of QuickBooks Desktop like email address, username, password, etc.
Way 2. Setup QuickBooks Email through Microsoft Outlook
- Connect the Outlook with the email address that you want to use for emailing in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now open your QuickBooks Desktop accounting software and open the edit option from the menu bar by clicking at the left corner of your QuickBooks software.
- Now choose the option of preference and then select the send forms option.
- Click on my preference now you will see three options on your screen you have to select the option of Outlook Radio from those.
- Finally, close the window of My preference and try to send something to your other email to test QuickBooks Desktop Email.
By following the steps that are shown above will help you to set up QuickBooks Email through Outlooks and you can easily link your Outlook profile to the QuickBooks to send invoices, reports to your clients and the customers.
Way 3. Setup QuickBooks Email Via Webmail
If you are using email hosting service from yahoo or Gmail or if you have any mail account with them. Then you can connect it to send emails from QuickBooks with easy steps. To Setup QuickBooks Email via Webmail then you have to follow the steps that are given below. So take a look at the points below:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop accounting software and select the option of the edit.
- Now click on the left corner and select the option of send forms.
- Click on my preference now you will see some options on your screen you have to select the option of Webmail Radio from those.
- Now select or enter the email address that you want to use in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now select the checkbox of SSL security and go further.
- Enter the correct SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) Server.
- Click on the button of Ok and try to send something to your other email to test QuickBooks Desktop Email.
Many QuickBooks users suffering from this problem because it takes to much time to send invoices and reports to the clients through Mails. Because to send reports to the clients you have to open the mail and then you send it to the users. But in this blog, we showed you the top 3 easy ways to set up email in QuickBooks Desktop by which you can easily and directly send invoices and reports to the clients without opening your mail accounts. If you still facing problems to set up email in QuickBooks then don’t worry we will help you in this. Just call us at our QuickBooks Customer Service number. Our experts will pick your phone and will help you to set up your mails in QuickBooks and also help you to solve your any type of QuickBooks errors.