QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 is caused when the QuickBooks system file entitleDatastore.ECML gets damages, which contain the license properties of your QuickBooks accounting software. The QuickBooks error 3371 message says: Quickbooks could not load the license data. This message will display in the dial-up box when you click ok, another box comes up.
The file damage occurs due to improper shutdown of the system while your software is open for some reason. Therefore, QuickBooks fails to sync the license properties every time you open your QuickBooks software and the “Error 3371 status code 11118” pop up on your screen.
|Error Description:[Error 3371, Status code 11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window|
You can see one of the error messages on your device display and QuickBooks will stop working.
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371, status code- 11118 QuickBooks could not load the license data.
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371:QuickBooks could not load the license data.
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371, Status code-1 Quickbooks could not load the license data.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks error 3371 occurs because of many reasons, If you have complete information about the error code than Some of the problem is solved:
- QuickBooks error 3371 occurs when you copy the data from the C drive to another hard drive.
- Qbregistration.dat: This file contains your license information and if this file gets damaged you face the error condition in your system.
- Damaged MSXML component: It is an important component provided by Microsoft, and you need this running in your system and cause damage to your software and after that you are not able to run the QuickBooks software.
- Tried to an open file without saving it
- Attack of virus and malware.
- You lose the connection with the QuickBooks files.
- Outdated windows operating system.
- An outdated version of antivirus program.
symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 3371
- Your system will crash
- An error message popups on your screen.
- You are not able to use the QuickBooks files
- Mouse and keyboard input will lag.
Methods to solve QuickBooks Error code 3371
It is always recommended to solve QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 as soon as possible because you can’t start your work on QuickBooks software without solving the error. Here are some best methods are given below to solve the error code 3371.
Method 1: Rename the entitle Datastore.ecml file
For Windows 7:
- Click on the start button
- Click on my computer →C: drive and then go to program Dataintuit entitlement.
- Rename the file and open your QuickBooks it will create a new file.
- Some devices “Program data” folder may be hidden.
- To unhide the folder follow the given steps
- Click on start and select my computer.
- Click on the search folder
- Go to the view column.
- Select show hidden files, folders and drives.
For Windows XP:
- Click on the start option.
- Double click on my computer open C: drive
- Go to documents and settings.
- Select all the user’s option
- Click on application data and press enter.
- Delete or rename the “entitle Datastore.ecml file”.
Method 2: Register with Intuit
For window 7:
- Click on C: Program DtaIntuitEntitlement clients
- Rename the errant file.
- QuickBooks creates the new one when you start the application.
- Open the “My computer”.
- Click on the organize →folder and search option→view.
- Click on show hide files and folders.
- Now, you can start your QuickBooks software.
For Window XP:
- Click on the start button
- Choose run program.
- Enter the command in command prompt (
- You find a lot of “V” folders select the latest folder
- Delete or rename the “Entitlement Datastore.ecml file”
- From the one-click, you can just “explore” your way to the “C: Documents and settings of all the users application”
- Rename or delete that file.
There are various methods to solve this problem but every window has its own different way to solve this problem. You can easily identify the sign of this error condition and once you identify the cause of the problem you can solve this problem in friction of seconds. But, if you are stiff facing the problem after applying all the mentioned method then please contact our expert team.