QuickBooks accounting application is a cloud-based software. This accounting software provides many services to the customers of QuickBooks by which they can easily handle their business data. If you are using this software for managing your business work then, you definitely know about this software. And, you also experience the easiness in work with this QuickBooks software by just clicking on some buttons. With the help of this accounting software, you can easily examine the profits and growth rates. Especially for a small type of business can easily understand the features and services of this software. However, there are several issues in QuickBooks in which you need us. For that, you just to call on the toll-free number of QuickBooks Support. Now, in this article, we are going to mention one of the errors which occurs in QuickBooks sometimes named “unable to export to excel from quickbooks”. QuickBooks won’t export to excel is one of the issues in QuickBooks that might be an obstacle in your work.
QuickBooks unable to export to excel generally occurs when the software is not able to recognize the Excel which you are using for your work. Or, when you ever update the QuickBooks software, then might also generate this problem. The installation of QuickBooks is not properly done and you have to face this unable to export to excel from QuickBooks error. For solving this error, you have re-register all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or by just repairing Microsoft Office. Otherwise, you have to just go through this whole blog, you will definitely get your solution.
Cause of Unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks
These are some reasons by which you have to face this issue:
- The QuickBooks Software might be corrupted.
- And, the file registry is working properly.
- Or, the Microsoft Excel is damaged.
Methods to Solve the Export to Excel issue in QuickBooks
Method 1: Update the QuickBooks Desktop
The version of the QuickBooks Desktop should be updated to the latest version released. After the update, go to the QuickBooks and try to export a document:
- Firstly, open the Report menu and open any report from the list.
- Then, click on the Excel button. And, all the export options such as excel.
- After the update, if you still cannot export any documents then, move to Method 2.
Method 2: Ensure about all the requirements in QuickBooks system
Every version of QuickBooks Desktop is compatible with different different versions of Microsoft Excel. So make sure that you use the correct version of QuickBooks Desktop or Microsoft Excel.
And, if the Microsoft version is not working with your software then, you should have to update it.
Methos 3: Repair Microsoft Office
If you have any kind of issue or Microsoft Office is damaged. Then the first thing to do is fix the Microsoft Office.
Otherwise, move to Method 4.
Method 4: Switch Windows User Account Controls(UAC)
Toggle the settings of Windows UAC On and Off. This might help to stop which block from exporting any document.
You can follow these steps, of you are using Windows 7, 8, and 10:
- Initially, go to the Start menu of the Windows. Enter and type Account Control settings in the search bar and open it.
- Click and slide the slider to Never prompt and the press OK.
- In the end, restart your system.
After, restart the system, go and try to export a document to excel. If this still does not solve then the last method 6 will help.
Method 6: Install the QuickBooks Software again
You have to install the Microsoft Office and Excel software in your system first. Only after you install the QuickBooks. If you did not install the Excel software then, reinstall the QuickBooks accounting software.
Some quick Steps of Export to Excel
- Open the QuickBooks firstly, and click on the Company option.
- After that, go to the reports, company and financial and click on Profit and loss standard.
- Then, select excel and create a fresh Worksheet.
- And, press the export option then files will open in MS Excel.
- Return to the QuickBooks again. And then, click on the Excel and make a new worksheet.
- Then send the report to excel.
- Have to make a Comma Separated Value (.CSV) file.
- Then, enter the file name you want.
- Then, Save it.
Issues faced in MAC OS while Export
The system do not complete the specification for QuickBooks software:
- QuickBooks for MAC 2016 R5 or previous MAC OS 10.10.2 is required.
- Required Intel Core duo or higher.
- 2 GB RAM is necessary.
- And, minimum 250 MB space should have to be free in the storage.
- Also, you need a proper internet connection with a functioning adobe reader for printing the forms.
And, How to solve QuickBooks won’t Export to Excel in MAC?
- Ensure that you are using a compatible version of Excel for the QuickBooks software.
- Also, check out the requirements specified while working in QuickBooks.
- And, if you have complete requirements needed to export to excel. Then, there must be a problem in QuickBooks or excel installation.
- Otherwise, just re-register all the keys with Microsoft by reinstalling or by just repairing the Microsoft office.
- And, the last option is just reinstall the QuickBooks software again.
This article will help in Unable to export to excel from quickbooks desktop. And, we appreciate you reading this whole blog about QuickBooks won’t export to excel. If in future or you have any suggestion for use about this blog or you have any query related to any error of QuickBooks. Then, simply contact us at QuickBooks Support Phone Number.